Definitions and interpretation
|Data||collectively all information that you submit to 0verzeal0us via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Laws;|
|Data Protection Laws||any applicable law relating to the processing of personal Data, including but not limited to the Directive 96/46/EC (Data Protection Directive) or the GDPR, and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation, for as long as the GDPR is effective in the UK;|
|GDPR||the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679;|
|0verzeal0us, I or me||0verzeal0us|
|User or you||any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by 0verzeal0us and acting in the case of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to 0verzeal0us and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and|
|Website||the website that you are currently using, 0verzeal0us.co.uk, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.|
- the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
- a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
- “including” is understood to mean “including without limitation”;
- reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
How I collect Data
I collect Data in the following ways:
- data is given to me by you; and
- data is collected automatically.
Data that is given to me by you
Data that is collected automatically
Keeping Data secure
- I will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your Data, for example, I store your Data on secure servers using multi-factor authentication wherever it is available.
- Technical and organisational measures include measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access to your Data, please let me know immediately by contacting me via the contact me page.
- If you want detailed information about how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit getsafeonline.org.
- Even if I delete your Data, it may persist on backup or archival media for legal, tax or regulatory purposes.
1. You have the following rights in relation to your Data:
|Right to access||the right to request (i) copies of the information I hold about you at any time, or (ii) that I modify, update or delete such information. If I provide you with access to the information I hold about you, I will not charge you for this, unless your request is “manifestly unfounded or excessive.” Where I are legally permitted to do so, I may refuse your request. If I refuse your request, I will tell you the reasons why.|
|Right to correct||the right to have your Data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.|
|Right to erase||the right to request that I delete or remove your Data from my systems.|
|Right to restrict my use of your Data||the right to “block” me from using your Data or limit the way in which I can use it.|
|Right to data portability||the right to request that I move, copy or transfer your Data.|
|Right to object||the right to object to my use of your Data including where I use it for my legitimate interests.|
2. To make enquiries, exercise any of your rights set out above, or withdraw your consent to the processing of your Data (where consent is my legal basis for processing your Data), please contact me via the contact me page.
3. If you are not satisfied with the way a complaint you make in relation to your Data is handled by me, you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection authority. For the UK, this is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). The ICO’s contact details can be found on their website.
It is important that the Data I hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep me informed if your Data changes during the period for which I hold it.
Links to other websites
I do not link to external sites in return for cash, services or any other consideration in kind. Most of the sites will often be free to access, but you may sometimes be asked to register or subscribe before viewing some content.
Changes of business ownership and control
- I may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of my business or any part of it.
- In the above instances, I will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
- Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
- This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
Last updated: 20th June 2020
Third Party Privacy Policies
Please note that this list has been provided for your convenience, is not exhaustive and may or may not be applicable to you depending on how you use my site.